Tuesday, July 9, 2013

6 Weeks of Paint and Projects- Painting Chairs

The amount of stuff I get done when my husband is away with work and the kids are in bed is unbelievable. I can prep most projects during the day during nap times and then work away at night, hence the 6 weeks of Paint and Projects!


The left chair is the before and the right is after. My husband built an awesome farmhouse table and we picked up chairs for a decent price on craigslist.org. I have this vision of a country home. So I decided to paint. I first tried to roll on primer with a small roller and failed so miserably that I didn't touch the chairs for another two months! Then a friend suggested I try Lowe's Valspar Paint and Primer Spray Paint, let me tell you it is a life changer. I have had some terrible encounters with spray paint but this one was amazing. Never rolling paint on to furniture again!



It is necessary to sand all the glossiness off of the chair otherwise the paint won't adhere properly, I learned this from experience... I used a coarse grit sand paper, it left lines in the chair and made for neat detail after it was painted. If you don't want lines or to see where you sanded then I suggest a finer sand paper. It took longer to sand than it did to spray the paint on! Only 5 more chairs to go!


Creating,
Leilani

No comments:

Post a Comment